Update: 12-August 2021
We just wanted to remind all of our clients, friends and colleagues that only a few days remain to submit your feedback to the ATF regarding the proposed rule change of definitions to receivers/frames and braces. This is a big unnecessary change by those who desperately want to further deny our constitutional rights. If you are not aware of these proceedings, we suggest to read the information below.
ATF Proposed Rule: Pistol Braces and Frame/Receivers
To all our Friends and Firearm owners of America,
By law, the ATF has to provide us an opportunity to make our voices heard by offering a time and place for comment on these proposed rulings. We have witnessed just this last December how effective our united voices can be in helping fight the constant battle for our 2nd Amendment rights. Groups like “Second Amendment Alliance“, “Firearms Policy Coalition“, “Gun Owners Of America” and many others across this great country can use these comments and all of our support to help fight this legislation now and into the future!
Please take some time and respectfully submit your comments. We have seen what they do when an inch is given. This has nothing to do if you like or dislike “Pistol Braces” and or “DIY 80% receivers”. This has to do with the principal “OUR RIGHTS”. As firearm owners “WE” are all in this together and need to stand united
-ATF Proposed Rule 2021-R08, Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached “Stabilizing Braces”-
- Be Aware, If you commented in December 2020, that comment will not be applied to this Rule. This is a new rule and will require a new comment.
- Be an individual. No cut and paste, templates Etc.
- Be respectful and professional
- Braces were previously approved by BATFE and then revised multiple times regarding use and configuration. Advisories were issued after these discussions.
- Over 3 Million braces sold and in the possession of American citizens. These citizens purchased these items under the premise that these were approved by BATFE. There was no legal issue owning and using these products. Hence the numbers in circulation today.
- This will make criminals out of millions of citizens with this implementation
- Possibility to criminalize the manufacturers of other products relating to these ex: large pistols if worksheets are incorrectly submitted seems a bit much
- How does this affect the Disabled Veterans for which these braces were originally intended for?
- Vague overall. Too much room for varied interpretation
- Burdensome regarding enforcement and implementation
- Appears to be a large scale tax and registration campaign
- Please help comment and get the numbers up
- Make Comment, be Respectful and Professional.
- Discuss how this will impact you as well as it’s impact on businesses, etc
- Be an individual. No cut and paste or templates
- Talk about how these changes would further complicate already defined items from the BATFE, Example AR15 style firearms, Glock Style Etc.
- Talk about how difficult and burdensome it would be to enforce and interpret
- Discuss how this will criminalize legal home builders
- This is a basic self defense right, inexpensive self defense options, etc
- Boxes out certain demographics from attainable means of self defense through the additional costs
- Please comment and help get the numbers up